Make this delicious guava atole and enjoy, hot drink any day of the week. Creamy and sweet, this guava atole is perfect to serve with your favorite tamales recipe.
- Whole milk
- Cornflour dough-flour
- Water Guava or guava puree
- Mix milk, sugar, and cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Turn heat to medium and simmer.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornflour 1 cup of water. Once the milk comes to a boil, slowly whisk in the cornflour mix and bring to a boil again.
- Then, reduce heat to medium-low and keep simmering until thickened for about 8 minutes.
- Remember, you will not add the puree until the Atole is almost cooked.
- Mix well and keep cooking for about 10 more minutes.
- Please be very careful before drinking it, it’s very hot! The thickness of the drink helps it maintain its heat for a long time.
Also remember that if there is any leftover you can store it in the refrigerator for several days and when you want to try it again, you simply heat it up again. Some people even freeze it for weeks.